- March 1: birth, at 17, Grigore Alexandrescu Str. in Bucharest, of Constantin (Dinu) Lipatti.
- Little Dinu plays the piano for the first time, having learned - in just eight days, according to his mother - the Prelude no. 1 from The Well-Tempered Clavier by Johann Sebastian Bach.
- Baptism of Dinu Lipatti. The godfather is George Enescu, a friend of his father
- Lipatti begins his first improvisations on the piano: Hora iaurtului (Yoghurt’s Folk Dance), Fight in the Kitchen, Conversation in the House, The Song of Spring, Sweet memory, Brats Marching, etc.
- He makes his debut at the Romanian Athenaeum in a benefit concert, playing Bach’s Prelude in C major and several of his own works.
- Lipatti begins studying with maestro Mihail Jora.
- May 13: Lipatti takes part in a festival organised by Principele Mircea Society under the patronage of Her Majesty Queen Mary. He plays Schumann, Debussy, Albéniz and Lipatti.
- October 27: his father, Theodor Lipatti, writes a letter to Ion Nonna Otescu, the director of the Royal Academy of Music and Dramatic Art in Bucharest, in view of enrolling Dinu, and requesting that he be assigned to the classes of Mihail Jora and Florica Musicescu. Lipatti is admitted directly in the third year.